11 June 2011

Chrysalis! A plan is unfolding

I am invested in helping to support this project get  moved along to a point where we can set it up. Partly because I have put a lot of time in it; partly because I like projects, and this one interests me; and partly  because this type of interactive collaboraton is where my own art practice is evolving.

So, on June 1, I sent an e-mail  asking if the others were interested in setting up during nuit blanche on September 10th, and  they all were, so we have a deadline!

There are some interesting possibilities, perhaps at the park area beside River Run Centre? Down by the boathouse? On that grassy triangle of land across from the Guelph market?
 
I have been plugging away at my piece and have reached the stage of needing to find some sort of support poles. Yesterday I tried curtain rods, a tent pole, and pvc piping. The tent poles won, curtain rods buckle and 1/2 " pvc piping is too flexible.

Kits for shock corded tent poles are a pain to  put together,  but I found a $20 tent that has two poles that, when folded back on themselves, are the correct length.  Problem solved.
Also we have a name! I think Carla, the writer in the group, came up with the idea of using the name Chrysalis, or maybe it was Morgan,  and lot sof other ideas were tossed around,  but his one stuck.
The project is called Chrysalis, Mobile, Scaleable Wearable Architecture. The official blog for it is in process, so right now there is just a marker photo at that link. Will let you  know when more is posted there.

No comments: